IIDA Membership Application
Go to web site for online membership application.
A one-year IIDA Student membership cost $ 50.00. Membership for Student Members is based on the academic year from September 1st to August 31st.
IIDA is the “Future of Design,” and we recognize that no one represents this better than our Student Members. The Association recognizes the influence that new designers have on the profession and targets Student Members with the information and events that will begin a successful career. In addition to joining two specialty Forums you may elect to participate in:
- IIDA’s Annual International Mentoring Week
- Student Sustainable Design Competition
- Lloy Hack Memorial Essay Competition
- Campus Center activities
- Scholarship opportunities
- Continuing Education Programs
- Chapter events
You will receive timely biweekly updates about the profession through DesignMatters, as well as through IIDA’s quarterly student newsletter Custom. Begin demonstrating your leadership abilities by joining The Association for Design Professionals.
For a complete listing of Student Member Benefits and an Application please click on the links listed on the right-hand side of this page. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Also visit “Especially for Students” section of this web site or visit the Career Center for information on internship and job openings. Membership for Student Members is based on the academic year, September–August.
One of the purposes of IIDA is to advance education and scholarship in design. To this end the Southern California Chapter of IIDA offers scholarships and prizes annually.
All scholarships are limited to those who intend to pursue education in the field of Interior Design. The scholarship committee is interested in providing financial assistance solely to students who have a record of accomplishment in interior design and who show potential to advance the interior design profession. All applicants must be current IIDA-SCC member.
In 2008 IIDA So. Cal. awarded a total of $27,000 to six winning students, with the top honors going to idi’s own Diana Rodriguez, recipient of the Stephanie Tarr Scholarship, a memorial endowment, $5,000.
Student Membership Benefits Begin Lifelong Learning
Members Only section is a great resource for information and networking with specific benefits committed to advancing interior design students to be an informed member of the design community.
- Post your resume; put your qualifications in front of future employers or mentors.
- Access IIDA’s directory of more than 10,000 members around the world.
- Link to IIDA’s Knowledge Center with access to cutting edge research and local educational opportunities.
- Register for conferences sponsored by IIDA and other design organizations.
- Conduct research about interior design and interior design education.
- Use “Especially for Students” links to new and exciting Web sites of interest to interior designers.
PerspectiveIIDA’s magazine includes articles by interior design leaders on current trends and the future of the interior design profession and industry.
DesignMatters sent biweekly to all IIDA Members by fax or E-mail, keeps Members up-to-date on Association activities and on legislative activities in the United States.
Custom sent quarterly to all IIDA Student Members to keep students up-to-date on competitions, employment resources, and other opportunities.
IIDA places great value on education and lifelong learning. All members, including students, are encouraged to participate in
- A broad array of professional development conferences and programs.
- Continuing education programs sponsored by IIDA’s 30 Chapters around the world; many programs are sponsored jointly by representatives of the interior design industry and offer stateof- the-art information.
- Home-study educational courses.
- Opportunities to participate at Chapter and Region meetings, special events, and activities
- Access to Chapter-level scholarships, mentor programs and portfolio reviews
- Participation in any two of IIDA’s eight special interest Forums [additional Forums may be selected for a fee of $40 each]
- Education + Research
- Facility Planning + Design
- IIDA’s Government and Regulatory Affairs [GRA] Committee provides leadership in interior design legislation at the State and Federal levels.
- IIDA’s GRA Committee is a respected participant in the International Code Council hearings, which focus on universal code and licensing initiatives for interior designers.
- IIDA Membership Card
- Member Discounts
Avis Rental Cars
Working Advantage Movie & Amusement Park Discount Tickets
MBNA Platinum Visa
Wells Fargo loan program
Extension of student membership for one year after graduation during your interior design job search.
Discount on first year of associate membership dues for Student members in good standing.